WEB SITE: http://www.pcdabr.gov.in
To provide centralised and uniform audit and accounting cover in BRO, an independent CDA viz. CDA(Border Roads), now upgraded to PCDA (BR), was set up on 1.4.1991. It is an establishment of the Defence Accounts Department under the Ministry of Defence (Finance). The Office is headed by an IDAS officer in the rank of Addl Secretary to Government of India.
FUNCTIONS OF PCDA(BR):
PCDA(BR) provides audit cover to BRO through CDA (BR) Guwahati and Jt. CDA (BR) Chandigarh, PAO GREF, Pune and its officers co-related with the BRO units. The Main functions of PCDA (BR) are as under :-
- Authorisation of payment after pre audit of buills pertaining to stores and equipmjents, Misc. bills and all personal claims.
- Accounting of all transactions of financial nature and rendering nthe appropriation accounts of the BRO.
- Rendition of Financial Advice to various Project HQrs & Task Forces through their respective Accounts Officer headed by Dy.CDA/Asst. CDA/SAO.
- Carrying out internal Audit of Border Roads Establishment including HQrs. DGBR.
- Monitoring of progress of expenditure against allotment.
- Settlement of all financial transactions and accounts with other Ministries/Departments/Agencies on behalf of BRO.
Constant Review of Systems and procedures with a view to effecting economy and efficiency.