SITE VISITS AND LECTURES BY THE EXPERTS
In addition to organizing these National level Seminars successfully Delhi Centre of IIBE, is playing an active role in meeting the objectives by organizing number of site visits to prestigious on-going projects at Delhi and conducting regular talks/ lectures by the experts in respective field for the benefit of its member. The details of all such activities are listed below:-
Ø Lecture by Shri DD Sharma on modern trend in construction of prestressed Super-structure.
Ø Film on construction of Flyover by CPWD.
Ø Talk on Aesthetics of Bridge construction by Dr CS Surana, Prof Civil Engg. IIT, Delhi.
Ø Talk on modern construction technique for pre-stressed concrete bridges by Shri Mahesh Tandon.
- 18 Feb 1994: Dynamic behavior of Bridges under traveling load, at IIT Delhi.
- 30 Apr 1994: Visit Lok Nayak Setu across Yamuna river at Delhi.
- 12 Aug 1994: Lecture on Hydraulic Model Study requirement by Mr SB Kulkarni.
- 12 Nov 1994: Visit Bridge Bearing manufacturing unit of M/S J Sons at Meerut.
- 15 Mar 1995: Talk/display on use of Laser Level Instruments conducted by M/S Square D Electrical Private Ltd. of Bangalore at Kalidas Hall, Scope Complex Lodhi Road, Delhi.
- 07 Feb 1996: National visual presentation of Wire Rope Safety System by CBM.
- 26 Oct 1996: Talk cum visit to Nazamuddin Bridge.
- 12 Feb 1997: A talk on Bridge Engineering Innovations by Shri Mahesh Tandon.
- 04 Apr 1997: Talk cum visit to Nizamuddin Bridge.
- 06 Sep 1997: Visit Nizamuddin Bridge and talk by Mr Koyum
- 05 Feb 2000: Visit to Raja Garden Flyover and talk by shri Virendra Sharma, SE (C ), of DTTDC.
- 14 Feb 2000: Workshop in Association with Indian Geo-Technical Society on “ Limit State Analysis in Design Code of Geo-Technical Engg”.
- 13 Mar 2000: Visit to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation works across Yamuna river near ISBT. Briefing by Shri Rajan Kataria, Dy CE (Design) & Shri VK Singh, Dy CE (RCI ).
- 09 Sep 2000: Visit Delhi- Noida Bridge Project over river Yumana near Maharani Bagh, New Delhi-110065.
- 20 Jul 2001: Lt Gen AK Puri, PVSM, AVSM Chairman IIBE Delhi State Centre released first News Letter published by IIBE Delhi State Centre and a talk on NOIDA TOLL BRIDGE delivered by shri SA Reddi, Dy GM M/S Gammons India Ltd.
- 28 Mar 2002: Technical visit to DMRC sites by Members of IIBE Delhi State Centre.
- 10 Dec 2003: Lecture by Dr. AR Tiwari, CE, DDG (Brs & T) – HQ DGBR on “ Construction of Bridges in BRO – An overview”.
- 17 Feb 2004: Technical visit to Dhaula Kuan Flyover, briefed by EE(C) shri Ram Lal of Delhi PWD & Shri Jain Architect of Project.
- 22 Mar 2004: Lecture by the officials of M/s Engineers India Limited on Cathodic Protection in RCC/ PCC & Steel structures.
Ø Overview of Corrosion Prevention in RCCstructures – by Dr G. Saha
Ø Basics of Corrosion and Cathodic protection -by Mr. R Chaudhary
Ø Application of Cathodic Protection system for RCC Bridges -by Mr.B.Chatterjee& Mr. P. Banerjee
- 01 July 04: Lecture on Construction of Tunnels and other underground structures in DMRC Project. -by Mr. Mangu Singh
- 16 Jul 04: Tech site visit to Delhi Metro Rail Project and briefing by Shri Mangu Singh, Chief Project Manager, DMRC.