CA No. : CE (P) Udayak/ /2011-12 Serial Page No.
NOTICE INVTING TENDERS
(NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING)
GENERAL RESERVE ENGINEER FORCE
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
(BORDER ROADS ORGANISATION)
NIT No: 80771/02/E8
1. A sealed tender is invited for “HANDLING AND / OR CONVEYANCE OF CEMENT, BITUMEN, STEEL INCLUDING BB PARTS AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS STORES FROM GUWAHATI TO VARIOUS DETTS OF 1443 BCC UNDER 752 BRTF/PROJECT UDAYAK IN DEMAJI DISTRICT OF ASSAM AND EAST SIANG DISTRICT OF ARUNACHAL PRADESH”.
2. The work is estimated to cost ` 200.00 Lac approximately. This estimate, however, is not a guarantee and is merely given as rough guide and if it costs more or less to any extent, the tenderer will have no claim on that account.
3 The tender shall be based on IAFW – 2320 (Revised – 1964), where the tenderer are required to quote their percentage above/below/at par on rates listed in the Schedule 'A' both in figures and words.
4. The contract is to run for a period of 12 months without reference to the total cost of the work from the date of acceptance of tender.
5. Not more than one tender shall be submitted by one contractor or one firm of contractors. Under no circumstance will a father and son(s) or other close relations, who have business dealing with one another be allowed to tender for the same contract as separate competitors. A breach of this condition will render the tenders of both parties liable to be rejected.
6. The Chief Engineer (Project) Udayak, C/O 99 APO will be the Accepting Officer, hereinafter referred to as such for the purpose of this contract.
7. Application for tender documents may be submitted to The Chief Engineer, Project Udayak, C/O 99 APO so as to reach this office by 10 Oct 2011 onwards. The tender document may however be downloaded directly from the web site as mentioned hereunder.
8. The applicants must attach with their application, cost of the tender documents in the form of Bank Draft for ` 2000.00 (Rupees Two Thousands only) issued by the State Bank of India drawn in favour of the Chief Engineer, Project Udayak payable at Tinsukia, Code No - 0196 (Assam State). Please note that the application received without Bank Draft towards cost of the tender documents will not be entertained. An advance copy of the application with photocopy of demand draft for Cost of tender may also be sent through Fax at No 03759-249522.
9. In addition to the above, the tender document will also be available in downloadable form in website www.bro.nic.in or www.bro.gov.in. An applicant may download it directly from the website and participate in the process. However, in such case cost of document shall be payable in the above form at the time of submission of the document. Intimation to this effect may however be given to this office so that subsequent changes, if any, could be intimated.
10. Applicants not enlisted with BRO or enlisted with a class having tendering limit lower than that of the value of work listed hereabove, shall attach details about the registration/enlistment letter / certificate with BRO / MES / State PWDs / CPWD / Railway or other Govt organization, particulars of the works executed during last three years and works in hand and details about resource and financial capability to undertake the work, as per the format enclosed with the tender. Tender not accompaning with these details may be rejected without assigning any reasons thereto.
11. The cost of tender documents in the form of Bank Demand Draft shall be non-refundable, if the application for issue of the tender documents is accepted and tender documents are issued to the applicants. However, the bank draft shall be returned to the applicants by the Accepting Officer after endorsing 'Release order' in case the tender document is not issued. The contractor/applicants shall bear the cost of bank charges for drawing and encashing the Bank Draft and they shall not have any claims whatsoever on this account on the Government.
12. Tender forms and conditions of contract and other necessary documents will be issued from 14 Oct 2011 onward or could be downloaded directly from the website www.bro.nic.in or www.bro.gov.in.
13. The tender shall be accompanied by earnest money deposit of ` 2,75,000.00 (Rupees Two Lac seventy five Thousand only) for complete work in the form of Call Deposit Receipt (CDR) issued in favour of Chief Engineer (Project) Udayak, C/O 99 APO by any scheduled Bank, payable at State Bank of India, Tinsukia, Code No - 0196 (Assam State) by those contractors who are either un-enlisted or enlisted/registered with other Govt. Deptt other than BRO.
14. In case the tenderer is not enlisted/registered with any formation of BRO and his tender is not accompanied with the requisite earnest money deposit, such tender shall be considered as non-bonafide tender and shall be rejected.
15. Earnest money deposit of all unsuccessful tenderer will be returned immediately by endorsing an authority on the CDR for its refund.
16. The security deposit amount for this work shall be 25% more than the amount of earnest money deposit calculated as per scale laid down based on the contract amount. The amount of security deposit shall, however, not exceed Rs.11,25,000.00.
17. The earnest money deposit of the successful tenderer will be returned on receipt of the full security deposit or will retain it as a part of security deposit.
18. Tenderers are advised to visit the site by making prior appointment with Commander 752 BRTF (Phone No 03786-223431) C/O 99 APO / Officer Commanding 1443 BCC (Phone No 03682-222102) C/O 99 APO respectively well in advance before quoting the rates in the tender form. The tenderer shall be deemed to have full knowledge of all relevant documents, sites, etc. whether he has inspected in person or not. However the cost of visiting the sites shall be at the expense of tenderer.
19. Tender duly sealed will be received by Chief Engineer (Project) Udayak, C/O 99 APO up to 1200 Hrs on 05 Nov 2011. Tender will be opened immediately after the time indicated hereinbefore.
20. Tender will be opened in two stages i.e. Stage-I (Qualification bid) and Stage-II (price bid). Under Stage-I, (Qualification bid), the documents as sought about the qualification will be opened on the date specified above. The Stage-II (price bid) containing price bid and complete tender document will however be opened separately on 11 Nov 2011 at 1200 Hrs after evaluation of Stage-I. The Stage-II will be opened only in respect of those bidders who qualify the stipulated criteria about their resourcefulness. However, Stage-II (price bid) of non-qualified tenderer will be return back unopened.
21. The tender shall remain open for acceptance for a period of 90 days from the stipulated date of its receipt.
22. Any tender which propose any alternation to any of the conditions laid down or which proposes any other conditions described whatsoever is liable to be rejected.
23. The submission of tender by a tenderer implies that he has read this notice and conditions of contract and has made himself aware of the scope and specifications of the work to be done and of the conditions and other cognate factors having bearing on the execution of the work.
24. The Accepting Officer reserves his right to accept a tender submitted by a public undertaking giving a price preference over other tender(s) which may be lower, as are admissible under the Govt. policy. No claim for any compensation or otherwise shall be admissible for such tenderer whose tenders may please be rejected on account of the said policy.
25. A bonafide tenderer must satisfy each and every condition laid down in this notice. Tenderer must be very careful to deliver a bonafide tender or alternatively to return the blank tender complete with all documents forming part of the tender duly signed.
26. The earnest money as submitted with the tender document will be forfeited:-
(a) If the tenderer withdraws the tender after tender opening during the validity period.
(b) If the successful bidder fails within the specified time limit to sign the agreement or furnish the required security deposit
27. The Accepting Officer does not bind himself to accept the lowest or any tender or to give any reasons for not doing so.
28. Information relating to examination, evaluation and comparison of tender and recommendation for the award of contract shall not be disclosed to the bidders or any other person not officially concerned with such process until the award to the successful bidder has been announced. Any efforts by a tenderer to influence the processing of tender or award decision may result in rejection of his tender. This notice of tender shall form part of the Contract Agreement.
29. Tenderer who have downloaded the tender documents from BRO website shall submit declaration along with tender document that I/we have downloaded the tender from BRO website www.bro.gov.in or www.bro.nic.in (link tender-link-Udayak) and I/we have not tempered/ modified the tender form in any manner. In case if the same is found to be tempered/ modified in any manner, I/we understand that my/our tender will be summarily rejected and I/we are liable to be banned from doing business with BRO.
30. Further details can be seen at the Indian Trade Journal at the BRO website http://www.bro.nic.in and http://www.bro.gov.in. The tenderer may also contact Dir (Contract) of Project Udayak at 03759-240607 during office hours.
(Signature of Contractor) SE (Civil)
Dated : 2011 For Accepting Officer
Project Udayak NIT No. 80771/02/E8
C/O 99 APO Dated : 28 Sept 2011
CLICK HERE TO SEE TENDER